Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jaden Lewis Perry is here

Baby Jaden Lewis Perry was born at 3:33 Monday morning May 7, 2012. We could not be any happier to add him to our family. He had TONS of black hair (my terrible heartburn throughout the whole pregnancy was validated) and he weighed 7 lbs,  5 oz and was 19 3/4 in long.  We were deciding between the names Grason and Jaden and we came to agree that he should be named Jaden because that is what his older brother has been calling him since we found out we were having a boy.

We went in for an elected induction (Dr.'s suggestions) Sunday night at 8 pm. His actual due date was Friday May 11 but just like his brother was born 4 days early. We got settled into the room and hooked up to contraction and baby heartbeat monitor and at 8:45 and checked me and I was dialated to a 2 (which has not changed that last 3 weeks), so they inserted the first 1/4 pill. The nurse said I was contracting according to the monitor and the baby kept kicking the monitors on my belly, he also got the hiccups which was really common through the whole pregnancy. The pills were meant to help me soften and dialate but not necessarily throw me into labor. The plan was, when I was dialated to a 4, they would start me on PIT to throw me into labor but we didn't end up needing it. After about 3 hours (midnight) they came and checked me and I was about a 3 so they inserted another 1/4 pill. After that Trae and I decided to try and get some sleep. We fell asleep for about an hour before I woke up with strong contractions.  I layed there for about 1/2 an hour before I called the nurse and told her the situation. She checked me then and realized I had progressed more. I was now at a 5. By this time Trae woke up and was helping to talk me through the contractions while the nurse called the anesthesiologists for an epidural. After a few the contractions were too much to keep quiet, I was asking, "where is the dr and my epidural"? They checked me again and I was at an 8. The nurse told me I missed the window for an epidural, so they had the nurse anethestist give me an intrathecal. By the time he got there I was 3 and my contractions were BAD!! I had been so excited to go to the new hospital to use the big jet tubs to help with my contractions but I didn't even get to use that! I progressed too fast for almost anything. So after the intrathecal at 3, I had 15 minutes until I started pushing. I was really lucky because I had such a short labor and delivery and no tearing, and the intrathecal worked better than the epidural when I had Kyler. When they pulled him out and put him on me, he was only on me for 5 seconds or less, then they took him away. I wanted to see him so bad.  The Dr. who delivered me was not my normal Dr. (same thing happened with Kyler) I had a resident Dr or doing rotations or something, but anywho he told me the cord was wrapped around Jaden's neck twice but not tight thank goodness. So in a nutshell, Strong contractions came at 1:30, got the intrathecal at 3:00 and had him at 3:33.

The first things I thought was how much he looked like Trae. He Poor thing came so fast he was bumped and jostled through the birth canal and bruised blue in the face mostly in the nose and mouth area. All the nurses who checked on him Monday were scared because his blue face. They all thought he was short on oxygen. I tested positive for Strep B so we have the stay in the hospital for at least 48 hours and Jaden spits up a lot and chokes on his mucous, it really scares me. He also doesn't have very many wet diapers, so that worries me too. At least I know he's eating pretty consistantly. I also have Rh - blood so I always need to get rhogam shots to protect me and the baby, otherwise my body would build up immunities to the baby and most likely abort it. Jaden has O+ blood just like his daddy and if I remember right, Kyler has A+. Both Kyler and Jaden had jaundice. Jaden's billirubin count was 12.9. Hopefully that can go down.

Jaden immediately latched on the first time nursing and was wide awake for 3 hours after he was born. I noticed a difference in Kyler and Jaden after their deliveries. With Kyler I was put on PIT for  4 or so hours before he was born, with Jaden I didn't get any and I felt like the baby was not negatively affected like Kyler was. Kyler was an easier pregnancy (except when he kicked my right rib ALL the time) but Jaden was easier to deliver probably because he was smaller (except the contractions were stronger). Even though I got really big with both pregnancies I felt like by the end I was bigger with Kyler than Jaden, so it didn't suprise me that Jaden was smaller.
When Kyler met his brother for the first time, my mom had taken Kyler to the store to pick out a present for baby brother. We also had a present for Kyler from baby brother. Kyler got a hotwheels cartrack and Jaden got 3 balls (of course Kyler would choose balls, he always does). Thanks to my mom we had her stay with Kyler while we were at the hospital having Jaden. Trae was able to take work off  Monday-Wednesday but will have to work Thursday-Saturday :( I wish he could be with us all week.

Kyler seemed disinterested with Jaden at first but now he keeps saying CUTE! He opening his eyes! He happy! and he wants to hold him and kiss him on his hair when he goes to leave. I know this may sound creepy but I just think newborns are the sweetest thing! Nothing is so precious or angelic. I have had the two best smelling babies. I love to cuddle and rock them and just smell him! Jaden loves to be held, of course. He will cry and root around in his bed but as soon as I pick him up to burp or cuddle him, he drops to sleep, except at night. He is almost 100 % asleep during the day and awake at night. I will not last long  unless he changes that soon.

We should be able to get to go home tomorrow and I am so excited to be in our home and I can sleep in my bed. It's kind of scary though thinking of how I am going to be able to take care of a newborn and a 2 year old with no help and two completely different needs with mom being sleep deprived. I sure hope Heavenly Father helps me!












1 comment:

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

cute cute cute! you will do great with 2 kiddos!